Monday, March 9, 2015

Rejection

So this happened years ago, but I thought I’d bring it up –

Guy: Hey my buddy is interested in you, are you interested in him?
Me: No.
Guy: Okay, I’ll go tell him to get lost.
Me: DON’T SAY THAT!

Why did I do that? I was probably afraid of this:




Who knows what he would have done? My favorite example of a jerk is someone who is hitting on a woman and then calling her a dog/whore when she shows she's not interested. He stomps off saying he can do better. Well then why was he hitting on her!?!?!? He was interested until she rejected him and he couldn't handle it!


IT’S SO LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!! If I ever reject a guy, he asks why. It’s none of your business, that’s why. And then he goes around calling me names, saying we hooked up even though we didn’t. Seriously dude? I find it rather hilarious that I’m more likely to be called a slut by someone I didn’t do anything with.

Is it really so bad when someone you like isn’t interested? Sure, it’s not fun to hear, but why act like a child about it?

And I know what you’re thinking – “Not all men are like that!” Please. I know (and so does every other woman) that not all men are like that. But enough are that it’s a problem. This person explains it perfectly:


YOU may not be that kind of guy. But enough guys have been shitheads to the point that a girl will be afraid of you just for being a guy. I try not to jump to conclusions, but this isn’t just about my experiences – it’s about all women. And this situation will not change if we try to share our stories and get shut down by you saying: “Not all men are like that!”

You know what you sound like when you respond that way?


Read this tea thing about consent:  


Stuff like this is all over the place, and yet people still can’t tie it to sexual assault. Interesting…

No comments:

Post a Comment